Nov 1, 2010

Annabelle's- Sky View Studio


Open Studio/Gallery
Hours 11-5 Tues-Fri or by Appointment call 417-214-4846 artgirlaus@hotmail.com

Next to Plaza Theater Downtown, Lamar Mo.


What's in there.....they wonder. Most who stop into my Studio/Gallery the first time enter hesitantly at first because its out of the ordinary, me standing at my easel and unique gift items displayed in the window. As they look around they discover what they call, a feast for the eyes. The regulars stop by to see whats new, saying, "Each time I come in ,I see something new." A moment later say," I have to keep looking around so I won't miss anything." I have spent many afternoons during our travels, leisurely strolling through galleries such as mine, which served as inspiration. I could have just set up my easel in the corner and stacked my inventory of paintings on a shelf, but this is where I create, so the space itself, must inspire. Just like composing a still life, I choose a variety of textures and shapes that work together,to compliment the space. These feel good objects provide inspiration to me as well as others who enjoy collecting them.

These bits inspiration make great gifts or a nice treat for yourself include: heirloom quality one of a kind jewelry, percussion instruments, sarongs, embroidered handbags, fine handmade scarves, pottery and glass works by local artisans. Some additional surprises surface from time to time when creative energy takes hold and I make some off the wall item like a hanging metal sculpture or find a must have at a flea market. I have always enjoyed sketching on location in the middle of the action and this location is great fun as I'm nestled next to the historic Plaza Theater and movie goers peer in and smile or point out something of interest to a friend. I continue my work, content with the sounds of my favorite music, burning
inscents and the sound of the water feature by the door.

Commissioned works of Art are the main stay of the business which include portrait paintings and sketches, logos, and illustrations but I find it essential to find time for my own art which I exhibit regionally. Currently I have my travel series and figurative works. This past year I branched out to include Fine Art prints of my work making them more affordable to the public. If your looking for custom art work, a moment of inspiration, a nice gift just stop in or give me a ring.

2 comments:

Debbie.Maui4me said...

Wow, Annabelle! Your work is awesome! I'm glad I met you!

~DebinMO

. said...

Thank you Debbie. It was a pleasure to meet you as well. Sorry Im just now getting to this post- I need to change settings to alert me. Please feel free check out my fb page. Take care- hope to hear from you again.