Nov 29, 2010

In my balloon


Most days the alarm goes off and we pop out of bed and make our way to the shower and on with our day. There are times, however, when I awaken from a long, well needed nap or early in the morning that I choose to take a different path, one not of the physical nature, but a journey of the mind. I sink further into the pillow. It is these times, that I can drift in and out of recent dreams elaborating on the form of lead characters or questioning the meaning of the dream. Sometimes I drift back into it and see what happens next, other times I scold myself briefly that I failed to put a sketchbook beside the bed, to record the fantastic experience. Waking further, but eyes closed I take notice of the sounds around me one at a time, rising and falling in volume as my focus changes. On another day I delight in the wonder of our scraped textured ceiling seeing mythical creatures, extreme profiles, or complete line of of cartoon like figures. It is much like seeing images in the clouds- but sometimes hard to spot when looking for them- an accidental encounter is always more fun. Sometimes the best way to get back on track is to let the mind wander and revisit the joy of doing nothing.


In that quiet place between consciousness and another world is a blissful place to drift.

"Three Sisters" Australia. Original Watercolor 6x9 SOLD Created recently from memory of the Rain Forest- Australia, as the mist rose up from the valley during our early morning walk it created a dream like effect. Three sisters is the name of the formations in the distance.

No comments: